Recent Changes for kornelix programs
Subscribe your RSS reader to kornelix.blogspot.com to
2017 May 02 Fotoxx 17.04.2 bug fixes:
+ Workaround for GTK draw event loop in
Paint Image palette color selection.
+ Retouch Combo: always update
distribution graph for dialog widget changes.
2017 Apr 11 - bug fixes
+ Thumbnail Gallery:
crash if RAW file thumbnails are set to a large size
+ Sharpen Image: error message if
[apply] button and no method chosen
+ Retouch Combo: [reset] button
failed to reset the [amplify] slider
+ Popup Menus: offset from mouse
position to make menu cancel easier
Galaxy2-1.3 - crash if star count is revised
and parameters saved to a file
- user interface rationalized
2017 Apr 01 Fotoxx Release 17.04
- Source code revisions for GTK API changes (Ubuntu 17.04,
- Implementation of AppImage, a distro-agnostic packaging
- Smoother gallery scrolling via thread to pre-fetch thumbnail
- Image Montage: join selected images together into a compact
Images included in the table can be clicked to show a
- Paint Image: modified to make it easier to use with a Wacom
- Paint Image: use any image as a custom color palette - click
- Edited images get an automatic tag, allowing "edited" as a
- Alien Colors effect: repaint an image or area with random
- Stack/Paint: Transient foreground objects can be removed
a moving subject can be shown in multiple positions against
- Twist effect: twist or swirl an image around a
- Script Files: most of the special effects functions can now
- Denoise - measure noise: the noise is better characterized
- The desktop wallpaper functions were removed - they don't
latest Gnome desktop.
- Paint Image and Clone Image were split into separate
- Trim/Rotate: margin sides can now be dragged, in addition to
- Rename, Copy/Move, Delete/Trash: options were added to keep
open or not (keep open is easier/faster if processing multiple
- Albums can now be sorted like any other gallery, but cannot
in an out-of-sequence condition. To edit, re-open the album.
- User Settings: an album name can be specified as the startup
- Startup with a file parameter: now works for absolute or
relative file name.
- Correctly handle file and directory names containing '$'
- Voodoo functions can now be assigned to shortcut keys like
- Disallow re-sorting of a metadata report, which loses the
images and their metadata. Sort the gallery before generating
- Copy to Desktop or Clipboard: an edited but unsaved file
- Trim/Rotate: stop sporadic motion of zoomed image when
2017 Feb 28 Fotoxx Release 17.01.2 bug fixes:
+ Read TIFF file with alpha channel: alpha data was being
+ Panorama: crash if images being combined have too little
+ The Spanish and Catalan
translations were updated. No version change.
2017 Jan 12 Fotoxx Release 17.01.1 bug fixes:
+ Possible crash at startup after new image files are found
(This is self-repairing at the next
+ Crash if the De-noise dialog is quit with the Measure Noise
dialog left open.
2017 Jan 08 Ukopp Release 6.2
- Bugfix: fixed a garbled differences summary report if backup
to a directory
only, instead of to a device, mount point, and directory.
- User Guide: an explanation was added about how deleted source
handled in the backup archive - when and how long they are
2017 Jan 05 Fotoxx Release 17.01
The packages were
rebuilt to include better diagnostic output after a crash.
The Makefile was changed. The source code was not changed.
2017 Jan 01 Fotoxx Release 17.01
- Show the entire image directory hierarchy with [+] and [-]
buttons to expand
or contract subdirectories at each level. Click any entry for
- Blend Image: Blend image pixels by painting with the
- Replace Album File: Make it easier to update albums whenever
are edited or added. Replace a given old image with a given
add the new image after the old, in selected albums or all
- Maps: An option was added to show markers only for images in
gallery (e.g. search results or album). The default is to show
- Color Mode: A new option was added to "rotate" the colors
and each function operates on prior results instead of the
- Three new slide show transitions: turn-cube, windmill,
- Adjust HSL: both source and target colors can be selected by
clicking the image.
- Slide Show - added button to use current gallery (without
- Image indexing is 1.9x faster for 5400 rpm disk (minor
- Thumbnail caching is more efficient, gallery scrolling is a
- User Interface Improvements
- Edit Metadata: added button to recall and insert previous
- Batch Rename Tags: A GUI replaced the text file for old and
- Brightness/Color Gradient (alias "Ramp"): Set gradient
direction with the mouse.
- Favorites menu: Alignment of icons or text to invisible grid
was made easier.
- Bookmarks Edit and GoTo dialogs: scroll bar added to allow
larger entry counts.
- Slide Show: transitions dialog can be scrolled for easier
with small monitors.
- Report by location and date-groups: If only a country is
output gallery did not include all locations within that
- Metadata report: Failed if no prior reported items list was
- Sort gallery by file or photo date: Avoid sorting
(leave them at the top of the list and in alphabetic