Recent Changes for kornelix programs
Subscribe your RSS reader to kornelix.blogspot.com
to receive updates.
2017 Sep 01 Fotoxx Release 17.08.3
User settings for video file
types were not being saved.
Add missing popup diagnostic
for libraw (RAW file) (e.g. unable to read a file).
Check for hugin, not
hugin-executor (diverse packaging standards).
2017 Aug 07 Fotoxx Release 17.08.2
Avoid crash if an
invalid parameter is inherited from a previous installed
2017 Aug 02 Fotoxx Release 17.08.1
Crash if the new "list
view" function is used with an image directory outside
the declared image
2017 Aug 01 Fotoxx Release 17.08
- Technical Changes
- Thumbnails were enlarged to 512 pixels for faster galleries
when using large
thumbnails. To implement, delete your thumbnails directory and
- Use of shell "cp filename" was replaced with a copyfile()
function, which makes
batch functions fail-safe against special characters in file
- New widget types were implemented to make some dialogs smaller,
less of the image being viewed. Number values can be indexed up or
the mouse wheel, keyboard up/down arrow keys, or the [+] [-] keys.
The shift key
can be held down to increase the step size and speed by 10x.
- Functional Changes
- Video files display as both images (initial frame) and gallery
Click to play. Also editable metadata, albums, search, and slide
- Maps: save and recall user-named map locations (map position
- Panorama: the flatten function was made variable and
- Retouch Combo: the curve edit user interface was improved.
- Galleries remember and restore their last scroll position with
- Select Hairy: improved algorithm, faster and better user
- Select Area > Find Gap: fatter lines are drawn for better
- Custom Kernel: added functionality. Ten more pre-installed
- Paint Image: added an HSL color chooser as an additional color
- Slide Show: 2 new transition types. 5 others made faster on
- Color Profile: EXIF "ICCProfileName" is updated and embedded
- Export Image Files: added metadata relevant for photo web
- Search Images: match 'all' or 'any' logic was implemented for
- Gallery List View expanded: show small thumbnails + most
- Bug Fixes
- Slide Show: workaround for GDK pixbuf scaling bug.
- Flickr Upload stopped working and was removed. Flickr and other
services can do this directly. The User Guide describes a simple
- A startup album name (if any) was getting replaced with
- Retouch Combo: failed if directory for saved settings is
missing (create it).
- Index Image Files: failed if recent files file is missing
- Possible crash if Trim/Rotate [level] button is used (EXIF tilt
2017 Jul 01 Fotoxx 17.04.3 bug fixes:
+ Manage Albums, Choose Album: [cancel] left all album
+ Slide Show, zoom image function: fix memory
+ Select Area, Find Gap: crash if gap search killed
+ EXIF data update: poss. crash if input keyword data
+ Color Profile: liblcms2 can produce RGB values <
0. Replaced these with 0.
+ File index process sometimes omitted a few files.
This was self-repairing.
+ Metadata Report: leafpad fails to display report
file - replaced it.
2017 May 02 Fotoxx 17.04.2 bug fixes:
+ Workaround for GTK draw event loop in
Paint Image palette color selection.
+ Retouch Combo: always update
distribution graph for dialog widget changes.
2017 Apr 11 - bug fixes
+ Thumbnail Gallery:
crash if RAW file thumbnails are set to a large size
+ Sharpen Image: error message if
[apply] button and no method chosen
+ Retouch Combo: [reset] button
failed to reset the [amplify] slider
+ Popup Menus: offset from mouse
position to make menu cancel easier
Galaxy2-1.3 - crash if star count is revised
and parameters saved to a file
Lbench-3.4 - user interface
2017 Apr 01 Fotoxx Release 17.04
- Source code revisions for GTK API changes (Ubuntu 17.04, Fedora
- Implementation of AppImage, a distro-agnostic packaging
- Smoother gallery scrolling via thread to pre-fetch thumbnail
- Image Montage: join selected images together into a compact
Images included in the table can be clicked to show a full-size
- Paint Image: modified to make it easier to use with a Wacom
- Paint Image: use any image as a custom color palette - click to
- Edited images get an automatic tag, allowing "edited" as a
- Alien Colors effect: repaint an image or area with random
- Stack/Paint: Transient foreground objects can be removed
a moving subject can be shown in multiple positions against the
- Twist effect: twist or swirl an image around a mouse-selected
- Script Files: most of the special effects functions can now be
- Denoise - measure noise: the noise is better characterized as a
- The desktop wallpaper functions were removed - they don't work
latest Gnome desktop.
- User Interface
- Paint Image and Clone Image were split into separate
- Trim/Rotate: margin sides can now be dragged, in addition to
- Rename, Copy/Move, Delete/Trash: options were added to keep
open or not (keep open is easier/faster if processing multiple
- Albums can now be sorted like any other gallery, but cannot be
in an out-of-sequence condition. To edit, re-open the album.
- User Settings: an album name can be specified as the startup
- Bug Fixes
- Startup with a file parameter: now works for absolute or
relative file name.
- Correctly handle file and directory names containing '$'
- Voodoo functions can now be assigned to shortcut keys like any
- Disallow re-sorting of a metadata report, which loses the link
images and their metadata. Sort the gallery before generating the
- Copy to Desktop or Clipboard: an edited but unsaved file copies
- Trim/Rotate: stop sporadic motion of zoomed image when margins
2017 Feb 28 Fotoxx Release 17.01.2 bug
+ Read TIFF file with alpha channel: alpha data was being
+ Panorama: crash if images being combined have too little
+ The Spanish and Catalan translations were updated. No
2017 Jan 12 Fotoxx Release 17.01.1 bug
+ Possible crash at startup after new image files are found
(This is self-repairing at the next
+ Crash if the De-noise dialog is quit with the Measure
Noise dialog left open.
2017 Jan 08 Ukopp Release 6.2
- Bugfix: fixed a garbled differences summary report if backup is
to a directory
only, instead of to a device, mount point, and directory.
- User Guide: an explanation was added about how deleted source
handled in the backup archive - when and how long they are
2017 Jan 05 Fotoxx Release 17.01
The packages were
rebuilt to include better diagnostic output after a crash.
The Makefile was changed. The source code was not changed.
2017 Jan 01 Fotoxx Release 17.01
- Show the entire image directory hierarchy with [+] and [-]
buttons to expand
or contract subdirectories at each level. Click any entry for a
- Blend Image: Blend image pixels by painting with the
- Replace Album File: Make it easier to update albums whenever
are edited or added. Replace a given old image with a given new
add the new image after the old, in selected albums or all
- Maps: An option was added to show markers only for images in
gallery (e.g. search results or album). The default is to show all
- Color Mode: A new option was added to "rotate" the colors (RGB
and each function operates on prior results instead of the original
- Three new slide show transitions: turn-cube, windmill,
- Adjust HSL: both source and target colors can be selected by
clicking the image.
- Slide Show - added button to use current gallery (without album
- Image indexing is 1.9x faster for 5400 rpm disk (minor speedup
- Thumbnail caching is more efficient, gallery scrolling is a
- User Interface Improvements
- Edit Metadata: added button to recall and insert previous
- Batch Rename Tags: A GUI replaced the text file for old and new
- Brightness/Color Gradient (alias "Ramp"): Set gradient
direction with the mouse.
- Favorites menu: Alignment of icons or text to invisible grid
was made easier.
- Bookmarks Edit and GoTo dialogs: scroll bar added to allow
larger entry counts.
- Slide Show: transitions dialog can be scrolled for easier use
with small monitors.
- Report by location and date-groups: If only a country is
output gallery did not include all locations within that
- Metadata report: Failed if no prior reported items list was
- Sort gallery by file or photo date: Avoid sorting
(leave them at the top of the list and in alphabetic